A beautiful gluten and dairy-free treat that is sweetened with the syrup from the flavorful lychees.
By Christina Soong-Kroeger
One of the things I really like about this recipe is that you don’t have to faff around with sugar syrups because I use the canned lychees that come in a sugar syrup. So it’s just a matter of blending up the handful of ingredients and then freezing them. Easy right?
- 2 x 20 ounce (567 grams) cans lychees in syrup
- 2 raspberries
- 500 ml 100% coconut water
- ½ teaspoon rosewater
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals (food grade)
- Blend lychees in their syrup and raspberries until as smooth as possible. You can strain it if you like but I don't think it's necessary
- Add coconut water and rosewater and mix to combine.
- Place mixture into an ice cream maker and follow directions before pouring into a freezer-proof container and freezing for 5-6 hours.
- Alternatively, pour mixture into freezer proof container and freeze. After 30 minutes use a fork to scrape the frozen edges into the middle and then put back into the freezer. Repeat the fork action twice more at 30 minute intervals before leaving to freeze 5-6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, scoop into small bowls or sturdy cupcake wrappers and garnish with rose petals.