I am bringing you this amazing lime and lemongrass chicken recipe, which is great to have as a snack or as a main meal with a salad.
For the marinade (which is so delicious by the way), I have used lime essential oil and lemongrass essential oil, however I have included alternatives if you don’t have these two essential oils on hand.
Lime essential oil can provide cleansing benefits due to its high limonene content and also can provide uplifting and energizing benefits, like all citrus essential oils. Lemongrass essential oil on the other hand promotes healthy digestive. They are two amazing oils to have in your collection.
Lime and Lemongrass ChickenVanessa Vickery
- 1 kilograms chicken nibbles or chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons raw/organic honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 8 drops food grade lime essential oil
- 8 drops food grade lemongrass essential oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine honey, coconut aminos, lime essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, garlic and sea in a large bowl. Add chicken nibbles and mix thoroughly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours (the longer the better).
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees celcius. Line one or two baking trays with foil, place wire rack on top. Then remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the wire rack(s). Brush with some of the marinade and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, turn over and brush with any of the leftover marinade and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness.