Lift your spirits at the end of a long day with this bright, citrus-smelling lemongrass chicken.
I often think about the meaning of life, but not as often as what I am going to eat today. Food is the fundamental to our existence. Make it fun and tasty, feed yourself well before feed your soul.
Lemongrass has a fresh, sparkling citrus scent that can lift up the spirit and make the taste buds tingle. It can help relieve indigestion and calm an upset stomach.
This lemongrass infused chicken dish is quick and simple enough for everyday dinners. It is so aromatic and delicious that you will want to make it over and over again!
Simple, Aromatic Lemongrass ChickenLei Zhang
- 500 g boneless chicken thigh cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped lemongrass
- ¼ cup of oil
- ½ cup of shredded carrot
- ½ cup of basil
- Marinate chicken in fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine,sugar and lemongrass for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high, add oil and marinated chicken, stir fry until its sizzling and slightly caramelized.
- Turn off the heat, stir in basil and carrot then serve.
My name is Lei. I grew up in China and have been living in New Zealand for almost two decades. During the day time, I work in an IT job. My passion for food and photograph has led me to this space where I can share my recipes and express my artistic side.I am striving to find the best matched ingredients to create the simple and tasty dishes. I summarize the recipes to as simple as possible and leave the room for your creativity.Thanks for stopping by, grab your aprons, get cooking, enjoy the food and life!