Ideal for a packed lunch or as a dinner side, this lime, black bean and corn salad is loaded with creamy avocados and spicy chili to be a flavorful bite.
Fresh corn on the cob is abundant this time of year and that makes me so very happy! I grill it, serve it with flavored butters, and serve it right off the cob in a refreshing summertime salad. Combined with the creamy goodness of an avocado and the nutritious protein of black beans, Chili Lime Black Bean Corn Farro Salad will be the perfect addition to your alfresco table this summer! A chili lime vinaigrette flavors this farro salad with zesty lime and the slightest hint of chili powder heat.
Farro, a trendy wheat grain packed with nutrition and texture, is actually an ancient grain that’s been around for thousands of years. It’s chewy texture and mild nutty taste makes it perfect for salads and a great alternative to quinoa. With farro being an excellent source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, zinc, iron and magnesium, Chili Lime Black Bean Corn Farro Salad will surely be the new favorite on your table this summer! Move over quinoa, there’s a new kid on the block!
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled*
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels from 2 corn on the cob or 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped, 1½ cups
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, lime zest, chili powder, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Add cooked farro, corn, black beans, avocado, onion and cilantro, stirring until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.