This is a SUPER healthy and light recipe, that is so easy to make for a delicious weekday meal.
By Tania Goulart
This is a SUPER healthy and light recipe, that is so easy to make for a delicious weekday meal. The lemongrass, ginger and scallions provide a tangy freshness, a perfect balance along side the fish sauce, infusing the chicken with tons of flavor! Spoon this over steamed white or brown rice for an easy complete meal!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1.5 to 2 lbs), halved, then cut into thin strips
- 20 gm dried porcinis
- 2 Tblsp Safflower Oil (or Canola)
- 1 cup scallions/green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bulb only, finely chopped
- 4 small or 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 Tblsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 bell peppers, stemmed, cored and seeded, cut into thin strips then halved
- 2 Tblsp Asian fish sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan on high heat, once it heats up a bit, add the oil. Once the oil has warmed up, just before it begins to smoke, Add the chicken and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until opaque and slightly golden. Once cooked through, remove and set onto a plate.
- Add the scallions/green onions, and stir fry for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the lemongrass, garlic and ginger in the pan and stir fry for just under a minute.
- Add the bell peppers and cook through about 1 more minute.
- Add the broth and fish sauce, bring to a simmer at medium heat, add the chicken back into the pan to reheat.
- Serve right away with rice and ENJOY!