PARTNER POST: Dive into the 120 days of summer with Santa Rita wines that pair perfectly with the foods of the season, straight off the grill.
Keep things simple this summer and head out to the grill with fresh seafood, a lemon, some seasoning, and a bottle of wine. That really is all you need for a delicious meal.
These grilled shrimp and scallop kabobs are the perfect summer grilling dish and are so quick and easy to prepare. They can be served as an entree or, like in this instance, served alongside small bites and deliciously paired with wine.
Summer and grilling go hand in hand and it if you’re like me, you’ll be grilling a lot of yummy food in the upcoming months. When I’m grilling, I also like to enjoy a good bottle of wine along with different small bites is my favorite way to eat and entertain. Today, I’m bringing you a superb (and easy) grilled seafood dish that is perfect for the season.
The Latin flavors of the Badia sazón complete seasoning is perfectly light for any seafood and even more perfect for grilling with added flavor from fresh lemon which complements the seafood. The wines for today’s pairing are Santa Rita red blend, which has fruity notes of plums, cherries and raspberries along with Santa Rita sauvignon blanc that is fresh and fruity. Both wines are excellent to sip with these seafood kabobs. I like to finish the kabobs grilled lemon. Grilling makes lemons juicier and sweeter and seafood is always delicious with a sprinkling of fresh lemon juice.
For more grilling inspiration with Santa Rita, check out this grilled Chilean chicken and pebre sauce.
- Badia sazón completa
- lemon zest
- 16 sea scallops
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons cut in half
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Thread the scallops, shrimp to skewers.
- Brush all with canola oil and sprinkle with the Badia sazón complete seasoning.
- When the grill is very hot, add the skewers and lemons flesh side down and close the lid.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes. If the scallops stick, they are not ready to turn. Once they release, turn and grill for 1 more minute. Remove from grill. Serve warm and squeeze over the grilled lemon.