PARTNER POST: Dive into the 120 days of summer with Santa Rita wines that pair perfectly with the foods of the season, straight off the grill.
What could be better than grilled bacon-wrapped shrimp? Having those bacon shrimp served inside of tacos with a glass of cool white wine, that’s what.
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Tacos take typical shrimp tacos to the next level with savory bacon and bold Badia seasoning. Pair it with the crisp Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc and you’re in summertime heaven.
Who can resist bacon-wrapped shrimp?
The answer is NO ONE.
Anytime I see bacon-wrapped shrimp on a menu or at a party, it’s the first thing I head for. So to continue my obsession with bacon-wrapped shrimp, I decided it was about time I added them to my favorite meal ever – TACOS.
I coated the shrimp for my tacos in the Badia spices before wrapping them in bacon and holy WOW did it pack an unexpected punch of flavor! The best part is, these spices are so versatile – they work with anything from fish to chicken to meat. I’m already planning on trying it out on some flank steak tonight… #becausewhynot
You all know I’m a wino so pairing these tacos with Santa Rita’s Sauvignon Blanc was SO much fun. The wine is crisp and not too sweet, so it’s a refreshing compliment to the bacon-wrapped shrimp and spicy sour cream that I top it all off with.
Delicious, simple tacos, a little wine and great friends who will be your hand model while you obsessively take food photos… This is my idea of the perfect backyard grilling fiesta.
For more grilling inspiration with Santa Rita, check out this grilled Chilean chicken and pebre sauce.
- Author: Meghan Bassett
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 tsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 6 slices of bacon (cut into thirds)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup jicama (julienned)
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cholula
- 8 to 10 white corn tortillas
- Wooden skewers
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro (lime wedges)
- Fill a shallow baking dish with approximately 1 inch of water. Add the wooden skewers and soak for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together jicama, red cabbage and lime juice. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and cholula. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a separate small bowl, add the shrimp and Badia seasoning. Toss to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Wrap the head of each shrimp with a third of a slice of bacon, making sure the bacon overlaps at the base. Skewer the bacon wrapped shrimp through the overlap and then once more through the tail of the shrimp (this will prevent them from spinning when you turn the skewers!). Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp and bacon.
- Grill the skewers over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until both the bacon and shrimp are cooked through.
- To assemble your tacos, warm the tortillas over the grill on in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add 3 to 4 shrimp to each tortilla. Top with the jicama slaw, queso fresco, cholula sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc and extra lime wedges.
Food addict turned food blogger with a love for cooking uncomplicated, gourmet recipes. I love creating food that is straightforward, relatable and will blow your friends and family away. I am the author of the food blog Cake 'n Knife, where you’ll find that fresh ingredients + unique flavors + love = gourmet food, every single time. For more, please visit: