Nothing says spring more than lemons right? There’s something about the mix of coconut and lemon that is hard to resist, fresh and tropical.
By Maya Moscovich
I used Coconut Oil in these instead of utilizing butter and the results are amazing! There’s something about the mix of coconut and lemon that is hard to resist, fresh and tropical and just so irresistible.
Now all that’s left to do is sit back, sip on a cup of mint tea, grab a Coconut Lemon Muffin and let the sunshine in. Simple.
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Solid)
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C) and line a 12-cup muffin baking sheet with paper muffin cups (or you can brush the baking sheet with some oil)
- In a mixer bowl beat the coconut oil, sugar and lemon zest until you get a fluffy mix
- Add in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice and mix until you get an even cake batter
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well until the batter is even and has no lumps in it
- Using a large spoon, divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a cake tester inserted, comes out dry
Being born and raised in Israel, Mayas nutrition always consisted of food that’s spiced well, light on the stomach and includes a lot of vegetables, fruits and olive oil. Now residing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, she is on a quest to reconnect with the food traditions of her home country.