This post is sponsored by Cavit. Inspire your pairings, recipes, and gatherings with new wine ideas.
This vegetarian Instant Pot Minestrone Soup with pasta and beans is a fast and healthy weeknight dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes. Cozy and comforting and perfect with a glass of Cavit Cabernet Sauvignon.
Here’s another Make Life Simple Recipe that can be made ahead and portioned out for midweek meals. – cozy, warming Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. Loaded up with veggies, 2 kinds of beans and pasta, this version is vegan and gluten-free adaptable. But it’s the fennel bulb that makes this Minestrone Soup special – giving it a unique and delicious complexity, really elevating it!
It’s topped with vibrant Gremolata– a zesty Italian herb sauce that enlivens and brightens stews and soups. A good thing to have on hand, for which you’ll find a multitude of uses.
This week I’ve partnered with Cavit who challenged me to create a recipe that would pair well with their cabernet. Well known for their Pinot Grigio, Cavit also offers a wide selection of reds and whites, that are perfect for everyday meals. This medium bodied cab is perfect alongside cozy winter stews and and hearty soups.
Enter Cavit’s contest… the winner gets a trip to Italy for two! Submit your most innovative Italian recipe along with a picture of your creation and the Cavit wine that pairs best with it.
Vibrant Gremolata gives it a burst of flavor- an Italian herb sauce made parsley, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil.
Keep it vegan or add a little pecorino or parmesan for extra richness.
I love how simple and easy this recipe is and how the addition of fennel gives it that extra layer of flavor that elevates the dish!
For more Instant Pot recipes….visit this page!
Instant Pot Minestrone and Cavit WineSylvia Fountaine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4-6 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb cored, diced thinly ( or sub 2 cups chopped celery)
- 2 cups chopped carrots ½ inch thick
- 2 cans beans- kidney white beans, cannellini beans, or chick peas- rinsed, drained. ( 3 cups)
- 1 14 ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes or 1 ½ cups fresh diced tomato with their juices Diced, fire roasted tomatoes are a tasty option too.
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry penne pasta- feel free to use GF bean pasta, or whole wheat, or sub with halved baby potatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ -1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- a couple handfuls chopped lacinato kale optional
- Serve with Crusty Bread and Gremolata Parsley-Lemon-Garlic- Oil and optional grated pecorino.
- Using the sauce setting of an Instant Pot, saute onion and garlic in the oil while you chop the rest of the veggies, adding them as you go.
- Add the fennel, carrots, beans, diced tomatoes, water or stock, salt, chili pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir in the dry pasta and optional lacinato kale and set the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes. While it’s cooking make the Gremolata.
- Once the ten minutes are up, release the pressure manually ( throw a kitchen towel over the pressure release valve to help mitigate the steam) and serve in bowls with Gremolata, crusty bread and grated pecorino if you like.
Caterer and chef of Feast Catering Co., my blog Feasting at Home is where I share wholesome, seasonal recipes we cook at home.