Indian Style Radish and Peanut Salad is a great dish to serve as a salad or a side dish for any Indian meal. Crispy, spicy radishes and crunchy peanuts with the tangy warm lemon dressing – every ingredient works well with the other.
This Indian style radish and peanut salad is a very easy to make dish. It takes probably 10 minutes of hands on time. Chopping radishes, roasting and chopping peanuts is probably the most time consuming. If you keep roasted unsalted peanuts in your pantry, like I do, then it gets even simpler.
This salad tastes amazing, the crispy, spicy radishes and crunchy peanuts with the tangy warm lemon dressing — every ingredient works well with the other. I ate that whole bowl of salad you see in the picture — it’s that good. It’s great to serve as a salad or a side dish to any Indian menu.
- 8 ~10 Small <g class="gr_ gr_51 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="51" data-gr-id="51">Radishes </g> tops trimmed and quartered
- ½ cup Roasted Peanuts coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ cup Cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida <g class="gr_ gr_50 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="50" data-gr-id="50">hing</g>
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the mustard and cumin seeds and once the seeds to splutter, add the turmeric, <g class="gr_ gr_52 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="52" data-gr-id="52">asafoetida</g> and salt.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the lemon juice and let the mixture cool.
- Just before serving, arrange the radishes and the chopped peanuts in a bowl, pour the dressing over the top and mix thoroughly. Serve right away!!
Hello There!! I am a full time mom and a Food blogger. I am a vegetarian and I share my tried and tested vegetarian dishes in my blog 'Cook's Hideout'.