A refreshing combo of lime juice and mint in a simple Indian drink.
By Anamika Sharma
A refreshing combo of lime juice & mint in a drink – my all time favorite. With the increasing temperature the first thing that comes to my mind is always a refreshing glass of Nimbu Pani. This simple yet heavenly glass of lemonade is seen in every house in India. You can say an Indian version of Lemonade. A drink that I grew up drinking. Every summer we used to have this many times a day. I still remember as soon as me and my brother used to come back from school, first thing our mum used to give us was a chilled glass of nimbu pani.
- Lemons – 4 ( 1 sliced for garnishing )
- Fresh Mint sprigs – 4 – 5
- Sugar – to taste (I added 6 teaspoons for 4 glasses)
- Salt – a pinch
- Cumin Seeds Powder – as per taste ( I added a pinch )
- Water – 3 glasses chilled water , 1 glass normal room temperature
- Ice cubes
- Take a large Jug, add one glass of normal water to it. Now add sugar (you can adjust the sweetness as per your taste) and stir till it dissolves into the water nicely & completely. Squeeze all lemons and add the juice to the same jug. Add pinch of salt and cumin seeds powder to it and continue to stir. Now add chilled water and crushed ice to the jug and stir again. Add in few mint leaves to it too. Serve in chilled glasses garnished with lemon slices and mint sprigs.
Anamika Sharma is a passionate foodie, a food blogger with a background in aviation and telecom industry for good 15 years. Her mission is to spread the love for Indian cooking to all those who wrongly think it’s too difficult. She loves to cook for her family, specially her kids. Besides cooking she also enjoys photography and traveling. MAD – making a difference is a word she chose to describe her Indian cooking site. Cooking always meant to her to be maddening and now she is mad about cooking.