Combining hummus with the sweet bell peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes and tangy feta cheese creates a wholesome mix of colors and flavors that are perfect for a light summer meal.
By Nandita Nataraj
This pizza breaks all rules by using whole wheat pita bread for the base and hummus for the spread. In short, this recipe is just perfect for a light summer meal.
This Mediterranean Pizza is a fun way to enjoy new flavors. If you have some Pita bread and hummus stocked, then this Pizza can be put together in minutes.
After making this pizza, I have become a huge fan of Mediterranean flavors. Combining hummus with the sweet bell peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes and tangy feta cheese creates a wholesome mix of colors and flavors.
- 6"Pita breads- 4
- Olive oil to brush the Pita breads
- Hummus- ¾ cup
- Sliced yellow, red and green bell pepper- 1 cup
- Sliced Olives- ¼cup
- Sun dried tomato- ¼ cup
- Feta cheese- 100gms
- Mozzarella cheese- 100gms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes and dried Oregano
- Brush the Pita loaves with some olive oil and toast them in the oven till they are warm.
- Remove and spread 1-1/2 to 2tbsp of hummus evenly on each bread.
- Scatter the sliced bell peppers, olives, sundries tomatoes all over. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the vegetables.
- Mix both kinds of cheese and spread evenly over each loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and Bake the prepared pizzas for 4-5 mins or till the cheese melts.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and serve with chili flakes and herbs.
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.