For a stunning side dish or main attraction, learn how to roast cauliflower whole with flavorful spices to match the presentation.
This is either the perfect side dish or main attraction, depending on your dietary preferences. It’s flavorful and my current favorite. I hope you try this one!
- 1 larger head of organic cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Dijon (I prefer Maille)
- 3 tbl of veg broth
- 2 tbl water for mixture
- 1 tbl oil (I used avocado but olive would work well too) + more for the pan
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp tumeric powder
- Salt (per your taste) I used two pinches
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Wash and trim the leaves off of your cauliflower head. Be careful not to cut any florets off. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the bottom of your pan or small baking dish (whatever you’re using). Into a bowl, add the Dijon, 2 tbl water, oil and seasonings to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Then brush the mixture all over your cauliflower head. Place your prepared cauliflower into you pan or baking dish. Pour the 3 til of broth into the bottom of the pan not over the cauliflower so it can steam and cook quicker (Thanks to Minimalist baker for the tip). Bake for 35-60 minutes or until fork tender. The cooking time is dependent upon the size of the cauliflower.