PARTNER POST — Discover how to take your recipes to the next level with Maille mustard.
Add some pizzaz to your side dishes with an easy, vegan Dijon sauce that tastes creamy and flavorful thanks to the mustard.
I absolutely love a good Dijon mustard to really jazz up the flavor of side dishes and salads. This cauliflower salad is so easy, but due to the tasty Maille Dijon it’s super flavorful.
This side dish pairs so well with a variety of meals, there’s only three simple steps involved and it’s vegan and gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy.
1. Pan-fry cauliflower
2. Mix up Dijon sauce
3. Drizzle sauce over cauliflower
What does one eat with this Creamy Dijon Mustard Cauliflower Salad? I’m glad you asked.
This really is so versatile and easy to make, I end up cooking up a batch many weeknights. And I love using any leftovers to top my salads for lunch the next day.
We bet you already have everything in your house to make this delicious sauce!
Click the banner below to enter the Maille Flavor Heroes contest! All you have to do is mention your favorite mustard tip and you could win a Le Creuset set.
How to Make Creamy Vegan Dijon SauceKim Lee
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup plain hummus or try my caramelized onion hummus for extra pizzazz
- Juice of ¼ of lemon
- 1 teaspoon Maille Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4-5 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Add 1 tablespoon olive to a skillet or fry pan. Heat on medium high heat then add in your cauliflower and onion. Pan fry on medium high for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally, and until cauliflower start to get tender. Add balsamic vinegar in the last few minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove from heat and drizzle the creamy mustard sauce over the top of cauliflower; stir to combine.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Plate or transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve or store in fridge covered for later. Works well hot or cold. Enjoy!
Kim is a freelance recipe developer, writer, and the author behind the healthy living blog, Kim’s Cravings. Kim has a passion for sharing nutritious delicious recipes and showing others that eating right can be easy and tasty.