Serve these hot chicken wings on a bed of lettuce and other veggies, drizzle some ranch dressing over it and enjoy finger licking chicken wings.
By Sukanya Ghosh
- Chicken wings : 1 lb
- Tomato ketchup : ½ cup
- Soy sauce (mine was chilli flavoured) : 1 cup
- Garlic powder / paste : 2-3 tsp
- Cayenne powder : ½ tbsp (adjust the heat as per your choice)
- Black pepper powder : 1 tsp
- Salt not required as soy sauces are usually little higher on salt
- Honey : ¼ cup
- Lemon juice : 1 tbsp (depends upon how much tangy you wants)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cut the chicken wings into half so that it can sit flat on the pan, but this is optional, if you have a large pan then this is not required. Sprinkle some salt over it and shallow fry it in hot oil.
- For quick fix barbecue sauce: combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (except chicken off course) and blend well, let it stand for an hour, this will incorporates the flavour well.
- Now in a separate pan, grease it slightly with oil and add the sauce, simmer on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot sauce over the crispy fried chicken wings towards the end, coat the chicken wings well with the sauce and let it fry for couple of minutes on low flame.
- Serve the hot chicken wings on a bed of lettuce and other veggies, drizzle some ranch dressing over it (optional) and enjoy the finger licking chicken wings.
Sukanya writes the blog Saffronstreaks, a food and travel blog where she experiments in the kitchen spiced up with interesting food stories and gourmet travelogues. She loves to cook with fresh produce, enjoy both spicy and sweet and her many dining out experiences become cherished memories. Sukanya is from India but now lives in North Carolina, USA.