Enjoy a light rice pudding flavored and colored with saffron from Zerrin Gunaydin.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
- 1tbsp saffron
- ½ cup water, to soak saffron
- ½ cup rice
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- A handful of raisins
- A few sprigs of marjoram
- Soak saffron in ½ cup water and wait for 15 minutes to let it give its color.
- Wash rice very well to remove its starch.
- Boil rice in 2 cups of water until a little tender.
- Drain saffron and leave them out.
- Pour the yellow water into boiling rice.
- Mix corn starch with 3 cups of water.
- Add in sugar and rose water. Combine it with boiling rice.
- Let it simmer until it reaches the consistency of pudding. Stir occasionally.
- Share it into small cups when it’s hot and let it cold.
- Chill it in refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with marjoram leaves.
Zerrin Gunaydin is a food blogger living in Turkey. She loves to share recipes mainly from Turkish cuisine on her blog Give Recipe. Zerrin is trying to inform people around the world about Turkish cuisine, which has a very large repertoire with its various kind of dishes.