Easily make a creamy yogurt cheese that is perfect as an appetizer, snack, or salad topping. Use a full-fat Greek yogurt for a tangy flavor that is similar to a goat cheese.
- Category: Appetizer, cheese
- 3 cups Full-Fat Greek Yogurt (this amount may be adjusted to how every much you have/would like to make)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Herbs/spices (optional)
- Setup a strainer lined with cheese cloth over a bowl.
- Place yogurt into cheesecloth, twisting and pressing out as much liquid as you can.
- Place twisted yogurt into strainer and top with a heavy dish.
- Store in the fridge for 1-3 days, or until no more liquid can be pressed out of the yogurt.
- Remove from cheese cloth and stir in olive oil until it is the desired consistency. Taste and season with salt, herbs, and spices.
- Roll the yogurt cheese into a log and wrap in parchment or roll into balls and store in olive oil.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.