Partner Post: The Florida Keys is home to five districts, each with their own personality and attractions that make visitors feel like they are a world away.
For fresh taste of the Atlantic, try this recipe for Islamorada’s spear-caught hogfish that let’s its clean flavors shine.
When in Islamorada, Florida, be sure to try something that is hard to find anywhere else. For Chef Michael Ledwith, that is the locally spear caught hogfish. Over the years, Chef Michael and his team have prepared the fish hundreds of different ways, but when it comes down to it, cooking it simply is always his favorite. Try an easy preparation, like his Adriatic hogfish recipe, that lets the fish’s fresh, clean flavors shine.
For more food and travel tips to exploring Islamorada, click here.
Herbed Hogfish from IslamoradaMichael Ledwith
- 4- six ounce portions of fresh hogfish
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons “Fire Cider”
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients for the sauce and puree until velvety.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- If the sauce is too thick, slowly add more olive oil.
- Serve the sauce at room temperature. The sauce stays well in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Grill the Fish (The fish can be grilled or pan seared.)
- Have your grill hot and clean.
- Lightly season fish.
- Lightly coat fish with canola oil or spray fish with pan spray.
- When fish is done, transfer to serving plate, lightly nap the fish with Adriatic sauce.
- Served with a lemon wedge, steamed seasoned quinoa and grilled asparagus.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.