A little food coloring is all it takes to make these cheesecake brownies Halloween-ready.
By Michelle Keith
- 1 box brownie mix and recommended ingredients needed to make according to box
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- red/yellow food coloring (optional) 4 drop of each to make an orange (for Halloween)
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread ¾ of the filling in prepared brownie pan.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.Add coloring if desired.
- Drop tablespoons over brownie batter in pan.
- Add remaining batter on top, and use a knife to create a swirled effect.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing, store remaining in refrigerator.
Michelle Keith is a South Florida native and the author of "The Village Cook". A self taught chef, her experience cooking and baking spans over 30 years. In addition to her food blog, she has also been featured in numerous websites, and writes recipes for her local community newsletter. She also is the editor of "The Domestic Mama", a blog about motherhood and family life. She currently resides in South Florida.