A sweet, vivid treat that tastes amazing and boosts your energy.
The CSA last week was kind enough to bring celery and cucumbers. I added some kale from the market, some limes, pineapple juice, and a pear to the cutting board. I gave everything a really rough chop and then hit puree.
The result is a crayon-green liquid that goes down all too easy, especially for how healthy it is.
- 1 medium sized cucumber 6 oz peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 large leaves of curly kale or lacianto kale stems removed
- 1 pear cored and cut into large chunks
- 3-4 celery ribs 2 oz cut into large chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and liquify. If mixture is too thick, add a little bit of water or more pineapple juice.
Vicky Cassidy can usually be found in her Madison, WI kitchen with cumin or paprika in her hair and olive oil smudges on her camera. She is a self-taught cook and the occasional baker, and she loves oversharing stories about her kitchen and life on Things I Made Today.