A sweet, vivid treat that tastes amazing and boosts your energy.
The CSA last week was kind enough to bring celery and cucumbers. I added some kale from the market, some limes, pineapple juice, and a pear to the cutting board. I gave everything a really rough chop and then hit puree.
The result is a crayon-green liquid that goes down all too easy, especially for how healthy it is.
- 1 medium sized cucumber (6 oz) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 large leaves of curly kale or lacianto kale, stems removed
- 1 pear, cored and cut into large chunks
- 3-4 celery ribs (2 oz) cut into large chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and liquify. If mixture is too thick, add a little bit of water or more pineapple juice.