This dish takes advantage of unripened tomatoes in a green salad that’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
By Bryan Picard
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large green tomato, cut in half and thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- small handful of basil, chopped
- pinch sea salt
- ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with plenty of freshly chopped basil and black pepper.
- Set aside for 10 minutes before serving to let the flavours develop.
Bryan Picard is a wild and homegrown food enthusiast. He lives in the Maritimes in Canada and has worked the kitchens as a cook and chef for the past ten years. He writes on his blog The Bite House.