This dish takes advantage of unripened tomatoes in a green salad that’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
By Bryan Picard
Green Tomato Salad
This dish takes advantage of unripened tomatoes in a green salad that's sure to be a hit at your next barbecue.
Author: Bryan Picard
Recipe Type: Side
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large green tomato, cut in half and thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- small handful of basil, chopped
- pinch sea salt
- ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with plenty of freshly chopped basil and black pepper.
- Set aside for 10 minutes before serving to let the flavours develop.