These melt-in-your-mouth lemon cookies are sophisticated and delicate, the perfect tea time snack.
By Cinta Farnos
- 160 g butter
- 260g flour
- 20g corn flour (cornstarch)
- 125 sugar
- Zest of two lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Teaspoon vanilla
- For these cookies, the dough must rest for several hours in the refrigerator, preferably, overnight. Beat the butter, add the sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix everything together until well integrated. Add the dry ingredients: the flour, cornstarch and salt and mix everything together until it is well mixed.
- Roll the dough into a tube, about two inches in diameter. Wrap with plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and unwrap. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into thin rounds, place on a baking sheet and bake cookies for 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Cinta Farnós is a passionate food blogger, food photography trainee and a political scientist behind her blog, Trossets de cuina. Living in Barcelona, a bit obsessed with the "homemade" idea, when not working or baking, she constantly looks for new projects, new recipes and new places to go.