Green Bean Salad with Walnuts, Feta, and Lemon-mint Dressing. It’s zesty, tangy, crunchy, perfect for all your summer barbecues.
By Julia Mueller
This salad will get you a standing invitation to all the summer barbecues. You’ll be the cool guy or gal with that amazing green bean salad with all the je ne sais quois all up in it.
It does a body good. Just looking out for your health and well being, my babies. Except, by that, I mean I’m looking out for my own health and well being. Because it’s summer, and bikinis have got to get worn. It’s zesty, tangy, crunchy, and all you want to do is just.keep.eating.it.
- 1-1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5” pieces
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ⅔ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅔ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Add the salad dressing ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep sealed in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the chopped green beans. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, but no longer.
- Immediately transfer the green beans to an ice bath in order to stop the cooking. Once cooled, strain the beans into a colander and pat dry.
- Add the blanched green beans, walnuts, feta, and red onion to a large serving bowl. Mix in desired amount of lemon-mint dressing and add salt to taste.
- Serve alongside your favorite entrée.