The perfect snack – enjoy this awesome granola bars recipe from Katherine Sacks.
By Katherine Sacks
Enjoy this awesome granola bars recipe from Katherine Sacks.
Author: Katherine Sacks, adapted from Serious Eats
Recipe Type: Desserts
Serves: 16 bars
- 1 cup agave syrup or honey
- A two thirds cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 2 and two thirds cups muesli with flax and sunflower seeds, or rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried goji berries
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°Farenheit/176 °Celsius. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, combine the syrup and peanut butter until well mixed. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Add the peanut butter-syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and combine. Lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan, flattening into a uniform sheet. Bake until golden brown, around 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, remove from the pan, and cut into bars. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.