PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Surprise Mom with a breakfast in bed, complete with soft and light, gluten free crepes filled with a blueberry and lemon ricotta filling.
If you are lucky enough to spend Mother’s Day with Mum, no store-bought gift can beat saying thank you like a homemade breakfast in bed. And I mean scenting her wakeup call with the smell of hot coffee, French Bonne Maman preserves, Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Crepes, and the heavenly sound of someone else in the kitchen.
Because what mom doesn’t enjoy that?
And if you’re looking for a recipe that looks like you’ve slaved for hours but still allows you to sleep in *almost as late as mom? This. Is. It. With the added bonus of being gluten-free!
I know it’s easy to be skeptical of gluten-free crepes, but I promise you, I’ve made these Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Crepes multiple times and they’re consistently light and just as wonderful as any crepe I’ve had in Paris. But don’t take my word for it. These have the added bonus of being #husbandapproved, which, if you know my husband, means the texture, flavor, and presentation better be as good as his favorite restaurant version.
What really puts these over the top is the lip smacking Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves with a light sprinkle of fresh lemon peel and powdered sugar on top. In fact, these are so flavorful that you won’t even need syrup.
I prepare the ricotta cream the night before and sometimes even the batter, that way the only thing I have to do in the morning is cook and assemble and the flavors really meld together. This Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Crepes recipe is so much easier than most crepe recipes!
Some quick tips on making crepes:
1. Use a crepe pan. It really does make a difference in shape and how easy it is to flip.
2. Ensure the pan is thoroughly buttered (butter is my favorite way to go for this dish)
3. Cook on medium heat, not high, so you have time to spread the batter before it cooks.
Be sure to click below to enter to win the sweepstakes!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- ⅓ cup Oat Flour (I grind my own, but you can buy it already ground)
- ⅓ White Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or cornstarch)
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- *butter for pan
- ½ Cup Ricotta (I prefer whole milk)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (depending on your tastes)
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ Cup Wild Blueberry Preserves
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Rind
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Powdered Sugar
- Mix all the ingredients, in order, in a bowl until there are no clumps.
- Evenly heat pan with just enough butter to cover the crepe pan surface
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, pour about ⅓ cup of batter into the pan
- Rotate crepe pan until there is a thin even layer of batter
- Cook on medium heat until the crepe easily releases onto spatula
- Cook on the other side
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- *Can be prepared the night before and stored in the refrigerator
- Spread Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves onto the crepe
- Add about ¼ cup blueberries
- Add a ribbon of the ricotta cream
- Fold or roll as desired
- Top with grated lemon rind and a healthy layer of powdered sugar
- Add a spoonful of preserves on the side for dipping
- Bon Apetit!