Partner Post: Rethink your cocktails and experience the exceptional flavors of Don Q Rums.
With refreshing fizz, this cocktail is stirred with a ginger syrup and spiced rum. It’s perfectly simple and just what you need at the end of the week.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a long day week. My go-to remedy for such situations is usually a thirst-quenching adult beverage, such as the ginger rum fizz I’m sharing here.
This cocktail recipe includes Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced Rum, homemade ginger syrup (which is my new favorite thing, btw), and seltzer water—it’s as simple as that. The smoky, woody notes of the rum complements the sweetness and subtle spice of the ginger syrup. Add some seltzer for a little sparkle and you’ve got yourself a party.
This new rum from Don Q is full of refreshing spice that we are mixing into lots of cocktails. See more recipes here.
Ginger Rum FizzAaron Hutcherson
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup finely chopped ginger
- 1½ fluid ounces Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced Rum
- 3/4 fluid ounces Ginger Syrup
- Ice cubes
- Seltzer water
- 1 lemon wheel
For the Ginger Syrup
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook at a low simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and let steep for 15 minutes; strain the ginger pieces from the syrup.
- Add the rum, ginger syrup, and some ice cubes to a glass; top with seltzer water and stir to combine. Garnish with a lemon wheel for serving.
I am a classically trained chef, writer, and lover of all things food. My passion for food is even greater than my love of sleep (which is saying a lot). Hopefully my recipes will inspire you to go out and cook something of your own.