You can also serve this colorful berry filled Napa cabbage salad with grilled chicken for dinner or maybe with a slice of quiche for a Spring lunch with friends.
By Patty Price
- 1 small head Napa cabbage, washed, dried, sliced thin and chopped
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts minced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, lightly chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 small basket raspberries
- 1 small basket blueberries
- 1 small basket blackberries
- 1 small basket strawberries, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin Persian Lime olive oil (Stonehouse California Olive Oil)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in the bottom of a large salad bowl and whisk together until emulsified. Stir in the cabbage, scallions and cilantro, let rest to soften the cabbage.
- Gently stir in the berries and almonds before serving. Add extra cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
Patty Price is a former assistant pastry chef at Bizou (currently CoCo500) who was previously recognized for her signature dessert by The New York Times. She also spent time learning classic French cooking techniques at a three-star Michelin restaurant in France which she incorporates into her personal food blog, Patty's Food. Inspired by the diversity of seasonal vegetables, fruits and herbs available locally in the San Francisco Bay Area, Patty hopes to inspire her readers to cook seasonally and try new recipes.