PARTNER POST – Be inspired to create beautiful cheese boards with Castello cheese. And what goes better with cheese than wine? Enter to win a trip for two to Napa, California.
Loaded with chocolate, cheese, and wine, create a beautiful cheese board with homemade flatbread crackers.
By Heather Kinnaird
However you plan to celebrate your Valentine’s Day, a cheese board and some fun heart shaped flatbread crackers make a fun addition whether you plan to feed two or 20.
Because I’m planning a cheese board for especially for Valentine’s Day, chocolate is a must. Cheese, fruit, chocolate, and bread, and I don’t think I’m even going to need a meal.
Along with the chocolate covered berries and almonds I chose three of my favorite cheeses – blue, aged Havarti, and a classic blue brie (heavenly) all from Castello.
Where there is cheese, so must there also be bread, and I made fun heart shaped flatbread crackers to pair.
Not to forget the wine, of course a cheese board needs just the right wine. I am firmly in the white category, but Ian is a reds only guy. With our cheese board we chose a Folie a Deux Chardonnay, Cab, and Zinfandel. Something for everyone.
Be sure to enter the sweepstakes to win a trip for two to Napa Valley for more delicious wind and cheese. Click here!
Flatbread Crackers for a Perfect Cheese BoardHeather Kinnaird
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a food processor, pulse together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar
- pulse in the butter until you have a coarse meal
- slowly stream in the buttermilk, and pulse until you have a ball of dough
- on a lightly floured surface, roll dough to bout 1/8 inch thickness
- cut into rectangles or hearts
- place crackers on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet
- bake until crisp - about 20 minutes
- cool crackers on racks, once completely cool crackers can be kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Heather Kinnaird is the blogger behind French Press, a blog dedicated to family friendly meals, sweet treats, and homemade versions of store bought classics. When she's not in the kitchen you 'll probably find Heather chasing after her kids, three dogs, 6 chickens, and sometimes all of the above.