Showcase fresh, juicy figs in a simple parfait that perfect all day from breakfast till dessert, and everything in between.
By Zita Nagy
- For the crumble
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy yoghurt / yoghurt
- 1 medium lemon’s juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- fresh figs, sliced
- Place the walnuts, raisins, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Pulse until chopped and crumbly.
- In a bowl mix together the soy yoghurt with lemon juice, zest and honey (or maple syrup).
- Place sliced figs in the bottom of a glass and top with a layer of walnut crumble, then lemon yoghurt. Repeat to create multiple layers.
Zita's love for cookbooks and delicious food started at the age of 9. Whenever she went home from school her little brother and she would wait for mom to make dinner for them. Until the dinner was ready, she was turning the pages back and forth and was staring at photographs of amazingly looking dishes in mom's cookbooks to kill her appetite somehow. She couldn't have known then, that she would be collecting cookbooks after reaching adulthood and would still be, just like in her childhood, staring at awesome photos of delicious dishes. The only difference is that she does the cooking now. She loves traveling, going to the organic market and browsing foodblogs. Her vegetarian food and travelblog is Zizi's Adventures.