This summer tart is a great sweet-savory dish to serve as dessert or with a side salad. Add more or less honey to taste – it’s as simple as that.
By Rachel Bajada
- 1 sheet flaky pastry
- 1 jar fig jam
- 250g fresh goats cheese
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp water
- 4-5 fresh large figs
- Walnuts or pine nuts (optional)
- Roll out pastry into tart shell/tin and prick holes with fork
- Pre bake 10 mins then remove from oven and place a heavy plate in the middle (to weigh it down) and put it back in till it’s golden brown.
- Remove, cool a little then spread a layer of jam
- Crumble and spread goats cheese
- Cut figs into quarters and arrange spirally over cheese
- Put 1-2 tablespoons rosemary with 4 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan and simmer until the water has dissolved.
- Drizzle honey infusion over figs and then grill on low heat till it all caramelizes
- Let it cool a little before serving.
Rachel Bajada is an Australian food writer and French cheese addict. Based out of Paris, she sources and tests the best of modern and classic French food from talented chefs in top Paris restaurants and home kitchens across France. You can follow Rachel’s entertaining culinary adventures at her blog www.frenchforfoodies.com