We love margaritas and we love cider, so we’re throwing the two together for a seriously sip-able fall cocktail.
Made with tequila, this cocktail is perfect for fall. A sweet-salty-cinnamon-y rim coats each spike cider sip. It’s a cozy drink that is still refreshing enough for happy hour bites. This cider margarita is super easy to make and is about to be your new go-to drink.
To make the cider margarita, we used a reposado tequila. It’s not too warm and robust to takeover the drink, but has just the right amount of warm, caramel-like notes to pair beautifully with cider and a crisp fall day.
For the ice, we like to serve the drink with one large ice cube, but feel free to go the crushed route if that’s more your style.
Fall Cocktail: Cider Margarita
- 2 oz Reposado tequila
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 oz lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar For a sparkling look, use white granulated sugar. For a more robust flavor, use brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To make the rim coating, combine the cinnamon, sugar and salt and disperse on a plate. Dip just the rim of the glass into a bowl of water. Tap the wet glass rim on the plate with the cinnamon mixture to coat the rim. You will have extra! Use it to make another cider margarita or save it to sprinkle on your oatmeal in the morning.
- Whisk the agave into a shaker or jar with the tequila, cider and lemon or lime juice in it.
- Once the agave has been full incorporated, shake it all together with ice.
- Strain into the rimmed glass with a fresh ice cube.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.