Change up a traditional Caesar salad dressing by replacing some of the oil with yogurt. Use pasteurized eggs to give yourself piece of mind as you are enjoying your creamy salad.
By Kira Vosk
What makes these eggs eggstra special? Safest Choice Eggs are pasteurized, so they taste great and are safe for all your favorite egg dishes! The Safest Choice all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the nutrition or flavor. Now you can safely enjoy your favorite styles and recipes. At 6 grams protein each, Safest Choice eggs are a perfect complement to your fitness routine. They’re packed with all-natural egg nutrition, high-quality protein, economic versatility, and convenience. The Safest Choice all-natural pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
So that said, I am making homemade skinny caesar salad n’ dressing and won’t have to worry about unsafe salmonella in the recipe!
Lighten up a traditional Caesar salad dressing by replacing some of the oil with fat-free yogurt.
- 1 Safest Choice Egg
- ⅓ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovies or anchovy paste ( if preferred )
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Coddle egg by heating 3 cups of water to boiling.
- Drop in egg (still in shell) and let stand for 1 minute. Remove egg from water and let cool. Once cooled crack open and whisk egg into dressing. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Mash desired amount of anchovies and whisk them into the dressing. If desired set aside a few for garnish.
- To assemble, place torn lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss lightly. Add the grated cheese, garlic croutons and freshly ground pepper, toss. Serve immediately