Need an easy recipe for homemade strawberry jam? This is it.
I wanted to create a recipe that would use a lot of strawberries in a delicious way. Other than being super yummy, homemade strawberry jam is easy to make, only requires a few simple ingredients, and doesn’t require as much sugar as one might think. I cut the sugar way down, which left more strawberry flavor and the perfect amount of tartness. I also added a handful of chia seeds, which gives the jam an amazing texture and a big boost of nutrition (in case you care).
Easy Strawberry Chia JamJulie Andrews
- 2 cups strawberries hulled
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3-4 Tbsp. granulated sugar honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Place strawberries, orange zest, orange juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chia seeds.
- Place jam in a pint-sized jar and seal with a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
I'm Julie - The Gourmet RD - A recipe developer, food photographer, food writer/blogger, chef and registered dietitian.I make healthy food sexy and craveable! Simple, wholesome, delicious recipes from my kitchen to yours.