PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
This winter, make this deliciously buttery and super easy seafood spread served with crusty bread.
I cannot believe it’s December already. Just a few more weeks of work and then we are off for our winter shutdown.
One of the favorite appetizer recipes I have created recently is this Seafood Spread to serve over a crusty baguette. It is SO delicious, so easy to make, very impressive, and best of all? It is sophisticated and pairs perfectly with wine! The creamy, savory seafood spread made with chunks of shrimp and lump crab meat is spread over sliced baguettes and toasted in the oven for a few minutes to melt together the seafood spread and crisp up the baguette slices.
Serve it with a glass of Cavit Pino Grigio, and it is the perfect party appetizer. The toasted crusty baguettes pair perfectly with this balanced crisp wine which has awesome fruit flavors.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these lamb bites. Recipe here.
- 8 oz shrimp cleaned and deveined (about 10 jumbo shrimp)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 small garlic clove finely grated
- 1 6- oz can lump crab meat drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves finely chopped
- Optional: Pinch of red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, and cook in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet about 2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- While the shrimp cools, prepare the rest of the dish: In a large microwave-safe bowl microwave the cream cheese for about 40 seconds, until it is softened but not fully melted. Add the Parmesan cheese, drained crab meat, grated garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Chop the cooked shrimp into small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Cut a baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Generously top each slice with about 1-2 tablespoons of the seafood spread (the amount will depend on the width of your slices). Cook for 4-5 minutes at 425F, or until the baguette is toasted and the seafood spread has softened. Top with additional parsley, if desired. Serve warm with a delicious glass of Cavit wine!
Kate is a scientist by day, food blogger by night. Living in New Jersey and dreaming of mountains. When she is not cooking, she spends her time reading, yoga-ing, hiking, taking pictures, and snuggling with her cats and/or fiance.