There are few things that chewy chocolate chunk cookies with chopped dark chocolate and milk chocolate chip can’t fix.
By Shaina Wizov
There’s something about a soft and chewy cookie that can instantly bring on a smile. These Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe! A soft, chewy center that forms to your mouth, rarely produces a crumb, and tastes like your favorite childhood memory. Yep, a chewy cookie is the end-all-be-all of cookies. Throw in some chunks of dark chocolate on top of those itty bitty chocolate chips and you’ve got a total winner.
There are chocolate chips AND chocolate chunks and chewy to the max.
- 2½ cups ap flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks
- Use a medium cookie scoop to form balls and arrange evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.