There are few things that chewy chocolate chunk cookies with chopped dark chocolate and milk chocolate chip can’t fix.
By Shaina Wizov
There’s something about a soft and chewy cookie that can instantly bring on a smile. These Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe! A soft, chewy center that forms to your mouth, rarely produces a crumb, and tastes like your favorite childhood memory. Yep, a chewy cookie is the end-all-be-all of cookies. Throw in some chunks of dark chocolate on top of those itty bitty chocolate chips and you’ve got a total winner.
There are chocolate chips AND chocolate chunks and chewy to the max.
- 2½ cups ap flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks
- Use a medium cookie scoop to form balls and arrange evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Located in South Florida but born and raised in New Jersey! This Florida foodie is immersed in all things food and wine. Shaina is currently on the restaurant committee for Taste of the Nation Palm Beach, and has volunteered and attended various other local food and wine festivals and events. Shaina created her blog, Take A Bite Out of Boca, in December of 2011, after discovering her love for cooking, baking and restaurant-hopping. Take A Bite Out of Boca has tripled its number of followers and views since going through a redesign in July 2014. Shaina is available for Recipe Development, Restaurant Reviews, Giveaways and Product Reviews Ad Placement, Social Media Coverage, Brand Ambassadorship, Conference and Event Representation, and Travel Opportunities.