Salute fall with this deep auburn Old Fashioned cocktail with warming aromas and flavors of cinnamon and pumpkin.
To salute fall, the resultant deep orangey to auburn-hued Old Fashioned had warming scents of cinnamon and pumpkin and went down pretty easy over the course of the night.
- Author: Kara and Marni Powers
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail, Drink
- 1 T pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey (we used Knob Creek)
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- orange peel spiral (with a paring knife, for garnish)
- In a glass filled shaker, add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, bourbon, Grand Marnier and cinnamon.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a ice-filled glass.
- Top with 3 dashes of orange bitters and stir with a spoon. Float an orange peel twist on top. Makes 1 cocktail.
Kara and Marni Powers are twin sister cooks, dining and blogging their way through Boston's North End and beyond. They see the act of cooking and entertaining as a form of creative expression, an art that encourages the mixing of flavors, spices, techniques and stories. Their interest in cooking dates back to their Greek grandmother’s open-arms approach, letting them taste her savory creations like her famous spanakopita. Kara and Marni's fascination with food and culture continued during their travels abroad in Europe where they saw firsthand the limitlessness of cooking.