Salute fall with this deep auburn Old Fashioned cocktail with warming aromas and flavors of cinnamon and pumpkin.
To salute fall, the resultant deep orangey to auburn-hued Old Fashioned had warming scents of cinnamon and pumpkin and went down pretty easy over the course of the night.
- 1 T pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey (we used Knob Creek)
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- orange peel spiral (with a paring knife), for garnish
- In a glass filled shaker, add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, bourbon, Grand Marnier and cinnamon.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a ice-filled glass.
- Top with 3 dashes of orange bitters and stir with a spoon. Float an orange peel twist on top. Makes 1 cocktail.