Creamy, vibrant mango pudding topped with berries or jam is a deliciously easy dessert to create with in only a few ingredients.
By Prerna Singh
I have been thinking a lot about a mango pie I had at a friend’s sometime back. Inspired by those flavors I made this pudding. Two of my daughter’s favorite things, mangoes and raspberries, thrown together and out came this very simple, easy and less than 5 ingredient delight.
This pudding dessert is beautiful enough for a celebration.
- Mango pulp- 2 cups
- Cream cheese (softened)- 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Agar Agar (or gelatin)- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup fresh berries
- In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Turn heat off. Add agar agar. Stir vigorously until it dissolves completely. Set aside to cool to a room temperature.
- In a big mixing bowl, using an electric mixer whisk the cream cheese on medium high speed, until light, 3-5 minutes.
- Add mango pulp and room temperature agar agar. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour into serving bowls. Put it in the refrigerator until chilled and set, at least 3-4 hours.
- Top with some berries (I used raspberries). Serve chilled.