This citrus salad definitely fulfills your citrus and green needs.
I love a salad that is full of texture. I added the quinoa to make this a lunch that will keep me going all afternoon. It definitely did the trick.
I found this amazing lacinato kale at whole foods and knew I had to have some. It was the most gorgeous green and soo full of life. It seriously was the best kale I’ve ever tasted. I’m not a huge kale fan either. It paired perfectly with this citrus dressing.
If you fell off the bandwagon hop back on with this yummy and super healthy salad! It is sure to get you inspired and back on track.
- 4 cups kales cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 orange peeled and sliced
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans or almonds chopped
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Place Dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the dressing into the salad bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- Add more dressing if desired.
- Serve. Store left overs in airtight container for up to 2 days.
Jenna Edmiston is the blogger behind www.petitfoodie.com. Here you can find recipes that are healthy, seasonal and delicious. Her food philosophy is all about balance. Living a healthy well-balanced life is everything. You can find out more about Jenna at www.petitfoodie.com and instagram @petitfoodie.