Looking for a healthy dip or spread for your sandwiches? This hummus is packed with flavor and is low calorie so it won’t sabotage your gym efforts.
By Robin Runner
Cilantro Lime Jalapeño Hummus.
Looking for a healthy dip or spread for your sandwiches? This hummus is packed with flavor and is low calorie so it won't sabotage your gym efforts.
Author: Robin Runner
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 – 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans, I used low sodium version — drained and rinsed.
- 4 tbl of fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c or so of good olive oil
- 1 c of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stem removed
- In your food processor, place the cloves of garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Then add the beans, lime juice and salt. Puree for about 1-2 minutes. It will look like a chunky oatmeal texture. Then through the spout, finely pour a stream of the olive oil. This will blend with the bean mixture and make a smoother, hummus type texture. Then add the jalapeño & cilantro and pulse again until incorporated.
You can serve right away or refrigerate for 1-6 hours and then remove before serving, allowing enough time for it to return to room temperature for optimum flavor.