A rich, roasted beet soup flavored with spring onions and topped with crème fraîche.
By Leigh R Chomp
The colour pink represents compassion, nurturing and love.
Pink is feminine and romantic, affectionate and intimate, thoughtful and caring. It is intuitive and insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with its empathy and sensitivity. It’s a sign of hope, inspiring warm and comforting feelings, and a sense that everything will be okay.
Personally, I am not a pink girl myself, but by George I LOVE this soup. I love its taste, I love its ease of making and I love love love it’s beautiful colour.
- 6 beetroots – washed not peeled
- 5 spring onions, white part only, sliced
- coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 ½ litres vegetable or chicken stock
- lemon juice
- creme fraiche, plus extra to serve
- salt + pepper
- chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash beetroot and place whole inside a foil envelope and pop into the oven on a baking tray for approx 45 mins, until tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, sweat the spring onions in a pan with some coconut oil on a low heat until they are translucent.
- Once beetroot has cooled, peel off the skins and cut into rough chunks.
- Place beetroot, spring onion and stock into a blender and puree until smooth (as i used an electric mixer, I went the extra step of passing through a sieve).
- Add lemon juice, crème fraiche and seasoning to taste.
- Serve cold with a swirl of crème fraiche and some chopped dill.