Ground chestnuts and rice flour make these delicate, melt-in-your mouth cookies gluten-free.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
- 500g chestnut, ¾ cup when roasted, peeled and ground
- 1 cup rice flour
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, for topping
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Cut a small X on each chestnut, wait them in cold water for 30 minutes and roast them for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a tray and peel. Put them into a food processor and grind well. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add in all the other ingredients except cinnamon and mix with your hands until it doesn’t stick to your hand.
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Make balls from the batter as big as a teaspoon and place them on the parchment paper leaving ½ inch between each.
- Bake them for 17 minutes and cool them on a rack.
- Sift cinnamon powder on them when cold.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container for a week.
Zerrin Gunaydin is a food blogger living in Turkey. She loves to share recipes mainly from Turkish cuisine on her blog Give Recipe. Zerrin is trying to inform people around the world about Turkish cuisine, which has a very large repertoire with its various kind of dishes.