Baked eggs with spinach and toast is one of Kankana Saxena’s favorite weekend breakfasts; it’s easy, always effortless and so quick to make.
By Kankana Saxena
- 4 eggs
- Couple handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano ( or any other herb of your choice)
- ½ cup grated pepper jack cheese( or any other of your choice)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a pan heat some oil and sauté the garlic with onion until it’s translucent. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the spinach and cook for about two minutes.
- Pour the cooked onion and spinach in two individual oven safe containers.
- Add little bit of cheese on top followed by little bit of chili flakes and dried oregano
- Now, very carefully crack two eggs in each of the container ( or one, depending on how small or big your oven save container is)
- Next, pour the heavy cream, add the remaining cheese and add some freshly cracked peppers top.
- Baked it for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Serve immediately with some toasted bread.
Kankana Saxena shares culinary journey, travel stories and passion for photography in her blog 'Playful Cooking'. Her cooking style is mostly nutritional with little bit of indulgence here and there. She believes in the mantra 'homemade is happiness'! She is a native of India but currently resides in Santa Clara, California with her husband.