Baked eggs with spinach and toast is one of Kankana Saxena’s favorite weekend breakfasts; it’s easy, always effortless and so quick to make.
By Kankana Saxena
Baked Eggs with Spinach
Baked eggs with toast is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts; it’s easy, always effortless and so quick to make.
Author: Kankana Saxena
Recipe Type: Side
- 4 eggs
- Couple handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano ( or any other herb of your choice)
- ½ cup grated pepper jack cheese( or any other of your choice)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a pan heat some oil and sauté the garlic with onion until it’s translucent. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the spinach and cook for about two minutes.
- Pour the cooked onion and spinach in two individual oven safe containers.
- Add little bit of cheese on top followed by little bit of chili flakes and dried oregano
- Now, very carefully crack two eggs in each of the container ( or one, depending on how small or big your oven save container is)
- Next, pour the heavy cream, add the remaining cheese and add some freshly cracked peppers top.
- Baked it for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Serve immediately with some toasted bread.
Please note the cooking time will differ from oven to oven. My husband likes well-cooked eggs but if you prefer medium cooked eggs, yours should be done by 15 minutes.