PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
These blueberry jalapeño cornbread muffins with bacon will wake up your taste buds with their fun combination of sweet, spicy and savory flavors. They’re perfect for brunch!
Cornbread is one of my favorite breads out there, and for a bread-lover like myself to say that, you know that’s pretty darn high praise.
Bonne Maman then asked me to create a savory recipe for Mother’s Day with their preserves and it hit me. Blueberry jalapeño bacon cornbread muffins.
These muffins are stupid simple to make. In a little over 30 minutes, you have a little cup-sized breakfast that has everything you could ever want. The sweet and tart Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves mellow out the bites of bacon and the heat from the jalapeño.
I mean, just look at that swirl of blueberry goodness…
The muffins are soft and moist (*cringes* I still hate that word….), giving you little bits of all the flavors in every single bite you take.
Everyone will be clambering to devour these bad boys – just make sure you don’t let them before you bring one to your mama in bed!
Make sure to check out Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes for a chance to win a 12-piece Le Creuset cookware set and more!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
Blueberry Jalapeño Cornbread MuffinsMeghan Bassett
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp agave
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with parchment cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, oil, sugar, and agave. Add egg, whisking to combine. Whisk in buttermilk until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Fold in jalapeño and bacon.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway full with the batter. Add 1 tsp of Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves to each cup. Fill cups the rest of the way with muffin batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove to a cooling rack. Serve warm or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Food addict turned food blogger with a love for cooking uncomplicated, gourmet recipes. I love creating food that is straightforward, relatable and will blow your friends and family away. I am the author of the food blog Cake 'n Knife, where you’ll find that fresh ingredients + unique flavors + love = gourmet food, every single time. For more, please visit: