This antioxidant and anti-inflammatory rich drink makes a great after school snack that packs a nutritious punch.
By Nandita Nataraj
- Beetroot- 1med, peeled and cubed
- Strawberries- 10-12, washed and hulled
- Flax seed powder- 1tbsp
- Strawberry or plain yogurt- 1 cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Sugar- 3-4 tbsp
- Cook the diced beets in a little water till soft and cool completely.
- In a blender, combine the cooked beets, strawberries, flax seed powder, yogurt and milk and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve immediately.
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.