Sweet meets salty. Swine meets cookie. Heavenly perfection.
By Robin Runner
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces of Guittard Super Cookie Chips or regular dark chocolate chips
- 4-6 strips of cooked, cooled and crumbled pieces of smoked bacon
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, paddle attached, cream butter and sugars.
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture, blend.
- Blend well.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips and bacon.
- Drop rounded cookie dough onto your baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool and then store in a container with a lid.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.