A filling smoothie that tastes like pie and has cancer-fighting properties? Yes please.
This filling smoothie tastes like sweet potato pie in a glass! Its also chock-full of beta-carotene, a carotenoid found in dark green, orange, and red vegetables that has cancer-fighting properties. What’s not to love?
- ⅔ cup sweet potato juice (fresh or frozen) (you need about 400g of sweet potatoes to make this quantity of juice)
- ⅔ cup almond milk, store-bought or home-made
- ⅓ cup canned pureed pumpkin OR make your own using 120g butternut squash/pumpkin
- ½ banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ ground ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla seeds/powder/essence
- 1 date (optional)
- a few ice cubes (optional)
- a splash of maple syrup (optional)
- Get all your ingredients out and on the kitchen counter.
- If not from a can, steam the chopped and peeled butternut squash for about 10-15 minutes. Mash it up and measure out ⅓ cup and place in blender
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes and put the pieces into your juicer
- Pour the resulting sweet potato juice into your blender. Add the almond milk, spices, banana and any optionals you wish to the blender as well.
- Blend until nicely combined. Serve and enjoy.