A filling smoothie that tastes like pie and has cancer-fighting properties? Yes please.
This filling smoothie tastes like sweet potato pie in a glass! Its also chock-full of beta-carotene, a carotenoid found in dark green, orange, and red vegetables that has cancer-fighting properties. What’s not to love?
- 2/3 cup sweet potato juice fresh or frozen (you need about 400g of sweet potatoes to make this quantity of juice)
- 2/3 cup almond milk store-bought or home-made
- 1/3 cup canned pureed pumpkin OR make your own using 120g butternut squash/pumpkin
- ½ banana fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ ground ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla seeds/powder/essence
- 1 date optional
- a few ice cubes optional
- a splash of maple syrup optional
- Get all your ingredients out and on the kitchen counter.
- If not from a can, steam the chopped and peeled butternut squash for about 10-15 minutes. Mash it up and measure out 1/3 cup and place in blender
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes and put the pieces into your juicer
- Pour the resulting sweet potato juice into your blender. Add the almond milk, spices, banana and any optionals you wish to the blender as well.
- Blend until nicely combined. Serve and enjoy.
My name is Kimberly and I live in London, England. I’m a mom, wife, yoga teacher, student nutritional therapist AND the blogger behind The Little Plantation. Oh, and did I mention that I’m a tiny bit very obsessed about plant-based food? Its mind-blowing potential to nourish us from the inside out and make us feel happy is just so awesome! So much so, that I've made it my mission to show that vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan family recipes can be sexy, simple, fun, healthy and oh so delicious...