Enjoy this amazing octopus with red pepper aioli recipe from Camille Becerra.A true show-stopper.
By Camille Becerra
Octopus with Red Pepper Aioli
Enjoy this amazing octopus with red pepper aioli recipe from Camille Becerra.
Author: Camille Becerra
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 octopus
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 whole chilies
- 3 pinches sea salt
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups fish or vegetable stock
- 1 penny
Red Pepper Aioli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup safflower or grapeseed oil
- salt to taste
- -Get your pot hot and add lemon, once brown add onion and garlic, lower heat as to not burn garlic. Add the spices and salt.
- -Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add stock and allow to come to a full boil. Wash the penny with dish soap and drop it in. Traditionally octopus was made it copper pots, the chemical reaction gives the octopus a beautiful red color when seared.
- -Add the octopus, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook low for 1 ½ hours.
- -In a food processor add garlic and salt, pulsing to a paste.
- -Add pepper, lemon juice and yolk, buzz till light and frothy.
- -Add oil in a very slow steady stream, 1 teaspoon at a time to insure emulsification.
- -Adjust seasoning with salt and more lemon.