Packed with protein and vitamins this is one healthy soup you’re going to love!
By Soni Sinha
The weather is still a bit nippy in the mornings and I find myself craving for comforting meals even now. I had recently bought some gorgeous Fennel from my local Whole Foods and used them in two different ways, my Roasted Curried Fennel and this recipe in which I’ve used all the stems and fronds as well.
- Red Lentils-1 cup
- Sliced Green Cabbage-1 cup
- Sliced Fennel(including the stems and fronds) -1 cup
- Bay Leaf-1
- Cumin Seeds-2 tsp
- Ginger-1 inch (crushed)
- Ground Coriander-2 tsp
- Turmeric-1 tsp
- Tomato-1 chopped
- Green chili/jalapeño-1 chopped
- Water-2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Wash the lentils and keep aside.Prepare the veggies.
- In a pot heat oil and the cumin seeds until it crackles.
- Add the cabbage and fennel,bay leaf and all the spices,tomato and jalapeños.
- Saute on medium until well mixed.Add the lentils and continue to stir for about a minute.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover. Let it cook until the lentils are tender about (15-20 mins)
- Serve hot!