Easily make a creamy yogurt cheese that is perfect as an appetizer, snack, or salad topping. Use a full-fat Greek yogurt for a tangy flavor that is similar to a goat cheese.
Homemade Yogurt Cheese
Recipe Type: Appetizer, Cheese
- 3 cups Full-Fat Greek Yogurt (this amount may be adjusted to how every much you have/would like to make)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Herbs/spices, optional
- Setup a strainer lined with cheese cloth over a bowl.
- Place yogurt into cheesecloth, twisting and pressing out as much liquid as you can.
- Place twisted yogurt into strainer and top with a heavy dish.
- Store in the fridge for 1-3 days, or until no more liquid can be pressed out of the yogurt.
- Remove from cheese cloth and stir in olive oil until it is the desired consistency. Taste and season with salt, herbs, and spices.
- Roll the yogurt cheese into a log and wrap in parchment or roll into balls and store in olive oil.